Child curiosity needs guidance
- Your child learns in many ways besides talking and listening. Child is full of curiosity. This can be both friend and enemy to him and to you.
- Children curiosity lead them to clocks, TV, laptops and mobile phones; to attach a homemade parachute to the family cat and launch the poor creature from the second story window; and to spread paint paste, pins, and scraps of paper all over the living room.
- As one father said, “it isn’t children that i mind so much. It’s what goes with them that will be the death of me”.
- 6 to 12 years old were pretty overwhelming for their curiosity calls them from one experiment to the next.
- They need limits put on their boundless enthusiasm for seeing making and doing but they also need opportunities for self expression.
- Curiosity can often be channeled into constructive hobbies your youngster probably is devoted loves of yesterday and the ambitions for today and tomorrow.
- Don’t clean up a thing without the help of your young hobbyist. Everything you see including yesterday’s clutter, has meaning to him, your child has evolved out of this confusing maze.
Kids are always proud of being a good worker
- Your child shows he/she is a person through their work projects. Your school age youngster has the chance of their life time to be intensely occupied with learning and doing.
- Your child has gained the basic skills for taking care of himself and get along without constant attention of you. It he makes little difference, child isn’t playing “for keeps” yet, so kid can write off most of his/her errors and start again.
- Sometimes a child ambitions is good for them to have failures if they can overcome. Most of children learn how to do better the next time or how to give up when they is trying to do something that is too hard.
- Too many defeats are not good for your child. That may make your child feel like an all around future. Children vary in how many stumbling blocks they can put up with.
- You have to judge for yourself how much help your child needs in meeting the problems that are sure to come their way.
Child want rules and slowly learns to use them
- 6 to 12 years old passionately insist on “justice” “it is not fair” is a familiar complaint in many homes.
- When child is quite young, your child is apt to insist that a rule is a rule.
- No if’s and but’s about it, especially when the rule works in their favor.
- As child gets a bit older, they becomes somewhat less severe and can see that rules sometimes change depending on people and events when gets still older, they begins to see that rules are tied to basic principles.
6 year old johnny is outraged when he doesn’t get his regular bedtime story and he likes the same one over and over again. It makes no difference to him that there is company for dinner and his parents are tied up taking care of their guests. But, you said “I could have a story every night and now you broke the rule”, he sobs in outrage.
By age 9, the same johnny can understand that the bedtime story depends a bit on how busy or tired his parents are when the movement arrives (it helps, too, that he can read one himself).
By the time johnny is 11, he can understand that having a time to share his interests with his parents is the important thing. It no longer has to be a story or even special visit at bedtime willing to consider many shared experiences, such as TV program, a game of checkers, carpentry with his father, and so on.
Child mind grows
- As your child’s mind grows and as he/she has more experiences, your child will be able to understand more complicated ideas.
- Child will have a natural urge to learn. Kids wants to exercise their developing mind as well as their developing body.
Words are vital to your child
- Words are basic link between child and other people. Ideas, feelings and desires or expressed in words to a large extent.
- Much of child’s learning in school and outcomes in world packages. Child future job depends on how well they learns to use and understand them.
Grows in self-control
- Your growing child learns in many ways to control the feelings. Child not only “hangs on to his mads” better than they used to, but also becomes more generous and cooperative.
- When he was a toddler. Your kid had just one thing on mind. As child gets older, they grows in ability to give as well as take.
- Child can put off getting what they wants for a quite a period of time, such as waiting until his/her birthday for the box of paints. Sometimes They can even settle for not getting everything they wants.
- Your growing child won’t be self-controlled all of the time. Children vary in how much they can think of others rather than themselves.
- When your child doesn’t feel very well or is upset about some things, he/she is apt to act less grown up than at other times it is natural for him/her to move forward and backward in the way handles their feelings.
It isn’t always easy to be good
Your child still goes back and forth, to his understanding of right and wrong.
As your child explore the many parts of larger world, he/she finds out that some people lie, cheat and steal and your child may be tempted to do likewise. At this juncture, clearly explain your child what is good and bad.
Your standards have probably becomes a part of him, they can hear them inside them self, even when your are not there. standards have become their conscience. Now that he is 6 or 7, you can trust your child more than you could earlier.
Your child some time speaks louder than his/her conscience. Child will need your loving guidance and firm discipline for his/her number of years before your child can “go it alone”.