6 activities to improve child creativity naturally
Toddlers are creative learners who love to touch, smell, and taste to comprehend their general surroundings. There some of the most satisfying materials children can use are artist’s supplies crayon, chalks, paint, paper, clay, blocks, sand, and water rightfully belongs in this list. You could just as well add mud for squishing, molding, and making pies. it’s really no harder to clean up than finger paint.
Color alone is sufficient for the beginning painter. Later kids will paint designs and pictures. Through colors, child can express beauty, sadness, anger, and other feelings much too hard to say in words. Coloring materials are truly a means of enlarging child life.
Many parents doesn’t allow their children to play with colors instead they buy coloring books because they afraid the child might spoil the walls. Give the child freedom to explore by own. Coloring books don’t provide quite the same opportunity. In them the ideas have already been given shape. Most children can not stay within the lines as they color until age 5 or six and often the pictures means little or nothing to them. A pad of plain paper would do as well.
Small caps of paint in boxes and tiny brushes are hard for young child to manage. Child wants to make a broad sweep of color in hurry. Give them a half, or one-inch brush and a small jar or several jars containing tempera or show card colors. They readily wash out of clothing or half hands (as well as floors or walls). An easel or other device to hold the paper at a good height for work standing up, makes a wonderful gift. The happy painter may be just as happy with his paper on the floor, though. Put the paint in a muffin tin to avoid spills.
You may feel at first that you just cannot put up with paint, or give the time to supervising and keeping the paints in working condition. You may feel better if you save paint for special occasions. or rainy days, or decide that the easel should only be used outdoors, perhaps in the garage.
If you just cannot see a way to have paint in your home it won’t change the child’s whole future, of course. but be sure you don’t tend to keep them from all other outlets for their feelings. Permit child to enjoy textures, colors and the feel of things in other ways. Let the child stir and “mess about” painting with water, out of doors, satisfies children too, while it pleases their mothers because it is clean.
Finger painting presents similar advantages and problems. When a child paints with his/her fingers or elbows, fists, or arms child get tremendous pleasure from direct contact with the paint, blending and erasing color and patterns. Finger painting is deeply enjoyed by the children of all ages, except by some who have become afraid to get messy as they are being taught to keep clean.
You can buy finger paint or make it by adding color (water color, tempera, powdered paint, or food coloring) to cooked or ready made starch or wallpaper paste if you make a quantity at a time store it in covered container in the refrigerator. you can combined a dab of color and a dab of starch directly on the surface where the child is working.
Need to give your child a mental preferred standpoint? Music can do that. Scientific research shows a connection between’s higher scholastic accomplishment with kids who play music. Music basically fortifies parts of the cerebrum that are identified with perusing, math, and enthusiastic improvement.”
Simple musical instruments also improves self-expression of a child.
All kinds of paper have possibilities. cut it in halves or quarters as needed. a sheet 18 by 24 inches seems right for painting. a smaller size will do for crayons. printed news papers, used for painting, too smoothed paper bags make a good surface for crayon. chalk or paint save cooler papers from gift wrappings and attractive packages for use with paste blunt pointed scissors. an assortment of colored manila paper has special charm, too.
While books can scarcely be called playthings, they do become treasured possessions, hauled around and taken to bed. A good story can bind all the family even a nation. Together children who are read to frequently are fortunate.
- Select short, and simple stories for the youngest children. except to read them again and again the 2 and 3 year old children like to hear about everyday events and people.
- You will get rapt attention if you make up a story about the child’s own daily experiences but beware of changing even sentences as you repeat it !
- As children grow older, they like books about insects and shells, fire engines and dinosaurs, stories of faraway lands, and olden times. They can understand a more involved plot, still, the characters should be doing things kid knows about; he/she should be able to understand their thinking and motives.
- You may wish to spend several dollars for a good book which will be enjoyed for its pictures first, loved when heard aloud, and rediscovered at age 8 or 9 as the child reads by himself. But most books need not be expensive. well written books, skillfully illustrated, about. You will want to select carefully, however for not all books published for children are worth their time or your money,
- Regular use of the library increases the variety of books available as well as introducing the child early to to the delights of his public library.
With clay and other molding substances, a child creates shapes and forms. Kid can make and remake watching changes emerge under his/her fingers and they enjoy the feel.
- Magic Trees of the Mind: How to Nurture Your Child’s Intelligence, Creativity, and Healthy Emotions from Birth through Adolescence by Marian Diamond and Janet Hopson.
- The Mozart Effect for Children: Awakening Your Child’s Mind, Health, and Creativity with Music by Campbell, Don, HarperCollins Publishers